Done with cloud software! Evernote edition

I’ve also dumped Evernote after over 10 years. Complete garbage app. I cannot stand electron and code once apps. I’ve noticed over the last two years that all the apps I’m replacing are code once apps as they are so poor to use and do not properly integrate with macOS.

Evernote’s new app is woeful. No preferences, you can only select 50 notes at a time and extremely poor macOS integration with keyboard shortcuts and slow as molasses. I’m currently deleting my notes (50 at a time!) and will then be deleting my account.

How can you let such a great app turn into such a poor one?

Just a heads up. I had real problems closing my Evernote account (not just deactivating it). It seems if 2FA is enabled the “Account Status” menu item that hides the close account option is not visible. After disabling 2FA, “Account Status” appeared and I was able to close my account.

3 Likes

No is the simple answer and its something I’ve struggled with. I’m not an expert on web clippers but shocked that Evernote’s implementation is the best out there!

So that’s kind of why I keep Evernote but I also am using Roam more and more as well as a collection of other tools. I hate the new MacOS app for what its done to my keyboard shortcuts and workflows. Absolute rubbish no matter how good the app looks.

It seems designed for very basic users. I would be curious as to what percentage of their premium paying users (like myself) are advanced users.

+1 agreed and remain hopeful for improvements specifically in reduction of lag