Dual Monitor Question

I need some advice/help with a dual monitor question. I have the Dell Ultra HD 4k Monitor P2715Q 27-Inch Screen. I am considering buying a 2nd one so that it can be placed in a vertical position. For those who use dual monitors, do you buy the exact same size, or do you buy a smaller size for vertical positioning? I am trying to think of the aesthetics as well. The plan is to keep one vertical and one horizontal, but to also have the ability that in the future I might switch them to both horizontal (depending on the project).

Thanks!

A 2nd 27" in portrait mode will look ugly and is probably way to big to see a document in its full length.
Find a smalle display that has the about the same physical with as the height of the main screen.

This DELL Ultrasharp U2412M could be a nice match.

I’d go for another 4K monitor.
You can mount them (assuming they have vesa mounts) on a dual arm such as this, which I’ve used with a couple of 24s. They swivel and move around, so you can decide what you like and change your mind.

1 Like

I have the exact same 27-inch in landscape but I also have a 24-inch in vertical.

I do a lot of writing and have found that the vertical screen works great for that. I expand whatever writing app I’m using to fullscreen so it’s a distraction free environment. Because it’s vertical, I don’t feel like I’m wasting any space and I can get a good idea of the context of my current sentence, as I can see just enough of the previous text. I use my landscape display for research and reference. I love this setup!

1 Like

Question what display is in front of you when writing. Portait or landscape ?-)

Neither? My portrait is to the right and my research monitor is left. Turning just those few inches gives me some extra separation between writing and research and helps me focus a little better (I think). They’re close enough that turning back and forth doesn’t require much head movement (important since I don’t want problems with neck/back issues); just enough to provide that visual separation and physical reminder that I’m writing or researching.

1 Like

Anyone who uses dual screen setup, may you share a screenshot of your setup and also what monitor sizes that you are using please?

Still trying to see if a 27 vertical will look nice next to a 27 horizontal.