E-ink reader glasses concept

Still a prototype at the moment, but these e-ink reader glasses seem very cool. They would be great for people with disabilities too.

4 Likes

Why do we keep inventing new ways to give people headaches :upside_down_face:

My eyes are recoiling in horror just reading this :joy:

2 Likes

So, they expect the user to carry those “glasses” with them all the time they want to read something?

I would rather appreciate an reading app for the Apple Watch, where you could read the book by scrolling with the little wheel true the flowing pages…

The eyepieces did look like they could use some eye cups like binoculars have.

On the one hand, I want to dismiss it by waving my hands and saying, “tech in search of a purpose.”

On the other, early personal computers were marketed as ways to store and retrieve recipes, which (until the smartphone came along) probably ranked as one of their least useful functions. And the Newton, while brimming with potential, was so big and bulky I don’t think it did a good job of presaging the smartphone.

It’ll be interesting to see where all these headsets and goggles go.

Don’t forget, you could also use them to balance your checkbook :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I can’t imagine giving up my Kindle for this device anytime soon, it definitely falls into that “quirky and neat” category of CES devices though.