Educators! How are you using tech to plan, organize and run your classes?

I’ve not found any other apps with the same features, especially regarding the automatic generation of statistics and good quality output (exported data and professional looking PDF reports).

It also plays well with Blackboard (the software my company uses to communicate with students and to publish grades). Student lists can be imported and the grade sheets exported in a format that I can upload to the LMS.

It’s also made exclusively for iPad, and the interface shows this. It makes accessing all the information easy, especially when looking at multiple classes. I use my iPad during classes for looking at reference materials, so it fits perfectly with my workflow.

Thanks what’s the link for your app?

Alright thanks

My school has NO tech platform for communicating or any thing like that (Yeah, I know…)

I’m looking for an that can do the following as a minimum. Suggestions are very welcomed! I’m not much of a spreadsheet-man.

1. I can put my preparation for each class in the app with links and everything.

2. I can put notes on each student’s overall behaviour:
    A) participation in class
    B) Done their homework or not
    C) General notes on behaviour in class (positive and negative)

1. A way to keep track of who has handed-in assignments.

So far, I have noted iDoceo as the leading app with these criteria.

I’d recommend considering different systems for 1 vs 2 & 3 - assuming your lesson plans etc. are something you are likely to use over and over whereas individual student info is ephemeral and limited to particular iteration of a course.

1 Like

I never reuse lesson plans

Here’s the App Store link

1 Like

Wait why? Do you reuse but tweak a bunch? Reinventing the wheel every year isn’t fair to your own health and well-being.

1 Like

I’m not reinventing the wheel. I just like to start fresh every year

I teach and would like to try the app… What promo code do you offer?

1 Like

I would love to try it as well :blush:

Will iDoceo quickly let me export my notes about a student to another format?

These are the export options.

1 Like

Thanks Rob. Is that export possible individually per student?

The reports are for a full class. Extracting for one student is easy though, if it’s an Excel you can copy the row for that student or for the one page per student reports extract from the PDF.

1 Like

Does anyone have experience with Google Classroom?

I used it during student teaching and enjoyed it. My district isn’t Google based so I don’t use it now.

1 Like

What did you like about it most?

I’m using Google Classroom now. I feel like it’s a product that is improving steadily and will be good in a couple of years’ time.

At the moment getting to anything is a bit clunky and the data you can store in there is limited, but for the basic task of setting assignments and grading them it does the trick (including electronic submissions such as video files, Docs etc).

I’m then able to use a script to pull data from Classroom into a Sheet that tracks all I want, so my gradebook is that Sheet.

2 Likes

Alright. Sounds decent. We’re considering it as the one-size-fit all solution for our school.