Eero pro v6 post from MacSparky

How much did you pay for your Apple devices???
(Each of them)

I’m curious- how many of you are using your eeros or other mesh devices using Ethernet between each of the stations, vs going wireless between each of the stations?

I have four eero-s. Probably one more than I need, by the way, but there you go.

The “gateway” is of course ethernetted to the modem. Where I can run a cable to the the others I do, but that is only of them. The rest are wireless. I can’t discern a difference in performance. Probably is if I had professional tools to measure, but nothing I notice by doing the internet speed-tests via different internet sites–all of which report different results, of course.

1 Like

I manage two Eero environments. One has 3x Eero 6 Pros across 3 floors all connected via Ethernet plus a wireless Eero Beacon from that home’s previous Gen 1 and Gen 2 setup. The beacon is just for added coverage to an outdoor space so is lightly used. No problems with this setup.

The second home is a 3 node Gen 1 setup all on one floor in an “L” arrangement with only the gateway (the middle device) connected via Ethernet. I’m planning to get at least one of the other nodes wired up because I notice some issues when several people are congregated around that node and heavily using the network.

1 Like

For Amazon Prime Members, fairly big discounts on Eero devices

1 Like