Email Aliases on the fly?

Hey all,

I’ve been getting in the habit of giving different providers different email addresses (e.g. I’ll give Amazon the email amazon@mydomain.com). Setting aside the merits of this strategy, I have a problem:

Sometimes I receive correspondence from these companies to the email address I gave them and I’d like to make it look like I’m responding from that email. In other words, if I’m email amazon, I want it to come from amazon@mydomain.com and not gustavo@mydomain.com.

These aliases are easy to set up if you have one or two, but I’ve got dozens at this point. Is there a way to create email aliases/identities on the fly? For example, if I get an email at amazon@mydomain.com, I’ll be prompted in some way to add that email to my list of aliases?

Currently I’m using Airmail + FastMail, but I’m willing to switch clients if there’s a client that provides this functionality.

Consider FastMail web client and create personalities for each address you want to respond from. On a mail client you may need to modify the account each time you switch, which will probably mean more work than the above recommendation (from the FastMail FAQ).

I use a gmail address and can create aliases easily by adding them after a “+”
so type address, don’t forget to add +something, send email. Alias created.

f.e.

buy-online+target@gmail.com
buy-online+amazon@gmail.com
buy-online+whatever@gmail.com

using filters in gmail it’s easy to see if someone has sold your address.

Problem is that google will allow you to send using the + only the recipient will see it as buy-online@gmail.com

So, for this it would not be a solution I guess.

I think I need to clarify. I can create these aliases on the fly by providing these different email addresses to different providers, as @JKoopmans mentioned. What I want is to easily be able to add this alias to the list of email addresses that I can send from.

Google G-Suite allows up to 30 Aliases.
For places where you just need an account but never want to hear back from or reset a password use a disposable email from 10 Minute mail.