Email App from Podcast

What’s the email app referred to regularly on the podcast with the ‘black hole’ for certain senders feature? And can I get it on iPad as a replacement for its built in app. I need to hide emails coming from a set person and don’t even want to see them even in my trash etc

It’s not an app, but an online subscription service:

SaneBox (MPU link)

Works with any email account, effectively grabbing and sorting all your email before it arrives at your account. This means it works with any email app.

One of the selectable options is the blackhole.

Not used it myself, so no specifics.

2 Likes

You’ll find more info on SaneBox’s SaneBlackHole feature here:

SaneBox summarizes this feature as follows:

Drag an email into the SaneBlackHole folder, and you will never hear from that sender again (it goes straight to trash).

This feature (and SaneBox in general) works very well in my experience.

1 Like

Works with any email account, effectively grabbing and sorting all your email before it arrives at your account. This means it works with any email app.

I believe SaneBox only processes emails that actually arrive in your Inbox. I don’t think it has any way of accessing emails that get redirected (e.g. using a Gmail Filter).

Correct. At a high level, Sanebox works like an always-on machine running a mail client configured with a set of rules.

If I am using my mail client (macOS or iOS), there are times where a message will show in my Inbox for a few seconds before Sanebox sees it and moves it to another folder.

1 Like