Enabling/disabling True Tone workflow?

Hi there,

I was just wondering if any of you slick automators had any idea on solving this.

I just upgraded to the new Macbook Pro and am loving it so far - especially having access to the new True Tone feature.

However… I am a photographer, and need to be able to rely on colour accuracy when editing photos in lightroom/photoshop. And as far as I can see, theres no easy way of enabling/disabling True Tone other than manually going to system pref > display etc.

Ideally I would love to be able to assign this to a gesture using better touch tool, have it as a button in the touch bar or keyboard shortcut etc.

Have any of you figured out any cool workflows for this?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

This Verge article notes that you can hold down the option key and hit one of the brightness up/down buttons to go straight to the appropriate pane in settings. You’d still have to click the checkbox though.

If you wanted to go further, I bet you could use Keyboard Maestro to get one keyboard combination that would do the Option-Brightness thing and then click the mouse at the appropriate position.

1 Like

Thats a great idea, thanks!

Am trying to get this to work in KBM but cant seem to find the brightness control action (Brightness Up and Down dont seem to work). Any idea?

Am still a bit of a beginner with KBM but have been meaning to make better use of it. This is my chance :slight_smile:

Actually, looking at the available options in Keyboard Maestro, the more direct way to do this is probably the “Open a System Preference Pane” action.

1 Like

Thats what I ended up going with. Even got it to automatically enable/disable when launching and closing photoshop!

Thanks for your help!

2 Likes