Excel functions - Microsoft 365 vs 2021

I’m trying to get my head around the detailed differences in Excel for Microsoft 365 vs 2021, particularly around function availability in each offering.

I understood that Excel 2021 included new functions such as UNIQUE, LET, XLOOKUP, SORT, FILTER, XMATCH, SORTBY, SEQUENCE, RANDARRAY etc. However I am running Excel 2021 for Mac and not all these functions are available. Can anyone confirm if they are available in Microsoft 365 Personal?

I am reluctant to move to the subscription model but may be tempted if these are available.

Thanks

Keith

I have a 365 Subscription. I just looked and they are all there. I tested all that you listed. All worked like the following example. This is how I tested: I typed in =RANDARRAY and it show this:
CleanShot 2021-11-16 at 15.19.47@2x

Thanks! so seems like not all functions are ported to 2021 version. May have to just bite the bullet and subscribe. Looks like the cheapest way to do it is to buy a one year code from Amazon.

2 Likes

If you can wait a bit Argos / Amazon often have ‘Black Friday’ deals where you can get the family pack for around £50

I think I can wait till after Black Friday - Thanks for the heads up.

Can you use a Microsoft 365 Personal subscription on multiple computers (desktop and laptop)? I’m assuming its based on user ID?

I found a deal on Amazon for 15 months @ £45.19 (also comes with McAfee which is of no use to me) which doesn’t seem too bad.

Looks like you can use on up to 5 devices. This is from the MS website:

1 Like

Thanks! The Amazon listing stated only 1 PC or Mac.

Please check the MS website yourself. I don’t know if the Amazon deal is a different deal than that from MS. See which deals works best for you.

1 Like

It will - that description isn’t correct.
The apps are also native now and don’t need Rosetta…

Thanks!! good to have confirmation.