Experiences with Just Press Record

Dear all,

as a social scientist I have to conduct interviews from time to time and the most time-consuming part is transcribing them. I wonder if Just Press Record‘s transcribe feature is good enough to be helpful in this regard? Does any of you have experiences with this app and can tell me how accurate it is?

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

I’m afraid not. It’s about as accurate as Visual Voicemail. Good enough to glance through and make a good guess at the gist of what the person said, but nowhere near as good as a real transcript.

There are transcription services that are not too expensive nowadays. I do not have personal experience with them, however.

2 Likes

This has been my experience as well. I use JPR to remind myself of things that I want to put somewhere else later (a note or to-do). Usually, the speech-to-text is enough to remind me of the thing I need to enter, but I would never treat it as a proper transcript.

2 Likes

Thank you! This is what I thought… If anyone has a good recommendation at a reasonable price for a software which can do transcripts (has not to be perfect but maybe a support for manual transcription…), I am more than interested.

1 Like

After seeing a mention of this app in another post and reading the app reviews I was just about to post a new topic asking a very similar question. Glad I searched first and found this thread.

Since Dragon dictation is too much for me to justify for occasional use, I think I’ll be sticking to on the fly direct dictation through iOS for now.

1 Like