Eyestrain and blurry vision when using Macs (but not Windows computers); no idea why - advice needed

SwitchResX can be installed on my M1 MacBook Air but it does not seem as useful as on an older Mac. For instance, I cannot turn off the “Billions of Colors” setting.

Vey interesting. And too bad that SwitchResX doesn’t work for the M-series processors…

I have the same problem - I really enjoy the screen on my old 2013 MacBook Pro, but all MacBook Pros released over the past couple of years look weirdly blurry (and dark) to me - it’s like my eyes are unable to focus properly on wha’t on the screen, egadless of how close I get to it.

I also find these displays very wearying to look at, they give me eye strain very quickly and my vision feels blurry generally afterwards. This is never the case when I use Windows computers or older Macs, ever with cheap or crappy screens.

It such a shame - I really want to buy a new MacBook Pro, but this is a showstopper to me - I would never be able to work on one, read, or even browse the web.

Anyone else having the same problem?

2 Likes

Have you tried setting the resolution to a pixel-doubled value? That will give the sharpest, clearest, rendition of text and images. For example, my M1 MacBook Air is rated at a physical screen resolution of 2560x1600 but I use it pixel-doubled at 1280x800.

You could also bring your Mac into your eye doctors office and see what they suggest.

2 Likes

This is amazing, thank you for your recommendation! I never tough of that. :open_mouth:

1 Like