Farewell to Evernote

FWIW Dropbox also does an excellent job of syncing and only downloading what you want. With Dropbox you also know that the sync function is their primary focus vs iCloud where it is a small part of Apple.

Yes, I use Dropbox regularly. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s the correct tool for replacing Evernote though. Are you using it in that kind of capacity?

Itā€™s complicated.

I use Dropbox for the backing store for a DevonThink. Reason, I have 2TB Dropbox account. So this allows me to sync more than I could do with my iCloud account.

On practical level Dropbox combined with the built in macos search makes a perfectly good pdf search tool. So the built in tools do an ok job of handling PDFs.

So Dropbox alone is fine. Devon Think is way more fun.

I havenā€™t felt a moment of regret! Trying to get data out of Evernote was such a chore.

1 Like

I recently learned that Evernoteā€™s iPhone app doesnā€™t download the info onto your phone or use up your phone memory ā€“ so you are in luck! Only way to put it on your phone and use up phone memory is if you go in and tell it to specifically download the notebook for ā€œofflineā€ use. Then that notebook is in your phone, taking up memory. If you edit it without an internet connection, the edits will not show up until you have an internet connection again.

The rest of the time Evernote iPhone app is just going online and pulling down your info for you from the web; you can edit your note on iPhone and Evernote is automatically syncing changes via the web so they show up on all your devices.