Filable PDF forms not using acrobat

I work with students and have to send out permission slip/health forms to parents every so often. I would like to be able to send parents the forms as a fillable pdf but don’t want to pay the monthly fee on acrobat. (If it were a flat fee I’d probably have done it already!) Is there another app that can do this? Thanks!

I use PDFpenPro (https://smilesoftware.com/pdfpenpro/download) for this purpose (and any other PDF work). It costs some money, I got it as an one time purchase. Get it for Mac or iOS.

3 Likes

Just to note, the iOS version isn’t going to let you do this currently. Only PDFpen Pro, which is Mac only.

1 Like

I didn‘t notice the iOS difference, as I do only use it on my Mac. Thank you for pointing that out.

2 Likes

Other options include …

• LaTeX and the hyperref package. The cost is free, but it has a learning curve involved.

• Search for “create fillable PDF forms for free” to find online options

JJW

1 Like

Pdfpen has educational disounts as well.

2 Likes

So I downloaded the trial version of PDFPEN Pro and I’m hooked. Yeah, it costs a little bit of money but I’ll save that in no time without dealing with parents forgetting forms or just handling paper forms!

You honestly can’t understand how excited I am about this.

Thanks everyone!

3 Likes