Finder Search Issues

Hoping to pick the experts brain here in the forum.

My issue is: In Finder when I search for a file type (Numbers, PDF) and file name, I get different results depending on what I put first. If I put the file type first, the results come up empty. If I put the ‘In Name’ first, I get the expected results.

Is this a known issue, in that there is a proper sequence to enter search criteria?

TIA

I haven’t seen different results depending on order; I’m curious if others have. You’re talking about a search like this, right?

Ah, I can get this to happen with newly created files. it’s less consistent than yours because I’m often not getting results with name/kind in either order, but occasionally it did work. For me, Kind is the one making the results disappear, whether I do Name first or not. Name alone always returns results. This is on 14.2 (23C64) and the test files return in Alfred etc. so they’ve been indexed.

With files that have existed awhile, they are always returning regardless of the file type and the order of the query.

Neat. Are you seeing the same difference I’m seeing where newer files don’t show up and older ones do? (Or maybe it’s the origin of the file? Unsure…)