Fitness+ launching December 14

Fitness+ is a Peloton competitor. Professional trainers will offer classes you can join live or stream later. The classes are integrated with Activity and other Watch features so that you see (and can compete with others) in real-time using your Watch Fitness data. The idea is to offer e.g., a ā€œspin studio at homeā€ kind of experience. If you like Peloton, but have an Apple Watch and arenā€™t interested in buying Pelotonā€™s expensive equipment (or buying into their expensive subscription), then this is a great service.

I imagine the announcement made Peloton sweat, in any caseā€¦

1 Like

But to be fair they were probably already sweatyā€¦

5 Likes

I believe that this will be popular, 2020 has opened my eyes to the fact that people ARE willing to workout from home if they HAVE to, they just want variety and variability in training experience.

2 Likes

I REALLY want to get one of these but am worried about noise generation bugging my neighbors (apartment building).

1 Like

I was a Peloton digital subscriber. I donā€™t own their equipment, but I enjoyed the guided workouts available in the app with your own equipment (everything from running to HIIT to yoga). I instantly cancelled since Fitness+ is part of my Apple One bundle. Some people like just working out and instinctively know what to do - I donā€™t. I like the ability to have someone encourage me to workout in specific ways and mix it up so I donā€™t get bored. While I wish Fitness+ had outdoor running guides also (that was my favorite from Peloton), the variety of workout types is going to be great.

5 Likes