Fitness+ launching December 14

4 Likes

Took them long enough…

So…what does it do? Like Guitar Hero without the fun? What’s the improvement over YouTube exercises?

1 Like

Still technically a fall release. :wink:

4 Likes

Right before Winter…

Typical Apple… :roll_eyes:

I’m surprised they remembered us rowers.

3 Likes

Water or gym rower? I did real rowing in school, now just rowing-machine.

1 Like

Apple features and Apple integration? :man_shrugging:

I can already put workouts into Health via a dozen apps. I can already track heart rate…

So… what’s worth the money? Sorry, don’t get it.

Those apps would probably cost you more to buy than to just get Apple Fitness+.

Maybe they aren’t selling it to someone like you Lars? I imagine they’ve done a lot of research and figured out there are millions of customers out there who’d love to pay them more money for this.

Not really. The only one I have a subscription for is Strava, which is cheaper. The benefit: I can match HR/speed. Right now not training with a cadence/power meter, but I will get a new one in spring, supported by Strava. I can track progress on routes, etc.

What about the other dozen apps that could possibly cost you money?

MyFitnessPal (nutrition tracking): Fitness+ doesn’t seem to do this, so I wouldn’t save money.
Zwift (indoor cycling): stopped using it, but Fitness+ doesn’t seem to do this,…
Garmin Connect: replaced it with Strava… Fitness+ doesn’t…wouldn’t save money…

Concept 2 rowing machine in my sunroom.
1,116,230 meters since June 27, 2020 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

OK…when the gym is open again…I will catch up!

3 Likes

I’m excited about this. I love the Apple Watch health features. The data, the streaks, the achievements. Looking forward to gaming some more health.

5 Likes

Okay, fair enough.

Gaming certainly doesn’t help your health. We aren’t living in a video game world! :wink:

Obligatory XKCD:

3 Likes

Crap…one less excuse to use for not getting in shape.