I’m here to ask for some help with Apple Photos on the Mac. I have slowly and steadily bought 23,000 photos onto the photo library of my Mac. Every day, around 1000 photos were imported. The photo library resides on an external Samsung T7.
Apple Photos doesn’t scan the library for Faces/People Album
What I’ve tried:
So I’ve tried a combination of things (12 hours a day each with no computer use), each option below:
(1) Import photos, keep photos app open, turn on Amphetamine (to keep the computer on) and not work on the computer.
(2) Import photos, close the photos app, keep Amphetamine ON.
(3) Option 1 above, but with Amphetamine off.
(4) Option 2 above, but with Amphetamine off.
(5) Tried to repair the photo library.
I’ve done this over two months, and there has been absolutely no progress. Apple Support is clueless.
How can I force Apple Photos to start scanning faces?