Formalizr equivalent for Safari — Save contents of web forms

One browser extension that has kept me on Chrome is Formalizr. It remembers what you type in web pages so you can restore it in case of a page crash. It has saved me many types from having to retype long essays I wrote on user support forums that suddenly crashed on me. I’ve tried to find something similar for Safari but no luck so far. Any ideas?

Not what you asked for, but I always type in a local file on my Mac or IPhone using iA Writer (including this forum). When I’m ready to post, I copy and paste it into the form.

4 Likes

+1 for this. For anything more than a few sentences I wouldn’t type it into a browser.

3 Likes

Drafts is great for that, too. But really any markdown or text editor beats typing in a browser.

2 Likes

I like using VS code with Markdown suggestions turned on. This works almost like Vim’s You Complete Me. VS code allows me to type in markdown, shows me a preview and offers suggestions on previously typed words or words in other open vs code documents. This makes typing repetitive words easier, without having to resort to text substitutions.