G-Cal sync with Todoist

Hello - I’m trying a new work flow of keeping my gcal on my 2nd monitor to guide my day aka (baby steps for timeblocking)… issue is I have my todist calendar as data input its checked and I can see SOME events that been planned in todoist on the calendar but when I add something live via todist (phone or web) - i sync and refresh calendar don’t see anything…

this old reddit thread pointing at slowness of the sync as problem [iCAL]

IF so for any one else using Todist with a 3rd party calendar any tips?
note: i already use fantastical and for now i guess ill keep my ipad near by on widget mode to see my calendar just prefer to have on 2nd screen via web app

GRRRRRRRRRRRR mods you can delete if you want but lets just say I found the answer- I use google to authenticate and I could see that setting on in Todoist but I just went to integrations guess who had SYNC with Gcal OFF :woman_facepalming:t5::woman_facepalming:t5::woman_facepalming:t5: which is still weird bc i’m like well how did the todist events i could see make it onto gcal :woman_shrugging:t5:

anyhoo for todoist/google users make sure you have both things on – that fixed my problem and just did a couple tests - tasks show up instantly yay!

I use Todoist with Google Calendar, and use Readdle Calendar 5 on iOS to directly access GC (as opposed to most 3rd-party calendar apps, which sync from Apple Calendar’s polling of GC). Sync and changes are usually always near-instantaneous.