Game controller for Apple TV 4k, other Apple devices

I’ve started playing Manifold Garden on Apple Arcade, and it looks like a game that would be relaxing to play from the recliner on my TV/Apple TV 4k. So it seems I need a game controller. I know that I need an Mfi controller, but there is a plethora of controllers from RunSnail on up.
What about vibrotactile feedback?
Would also be nice if it worked with my iMac Pro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Pro.
Anyone have suggestions?

Good recommendation on the controller, Thanks!

1 Like

@JohnAtl some 18 months later, any feedback? I’m interested in the same (controller for both ATV and iPad). Are you happy with your purchase?

Others who read this… any other recommendations? thanks— jay

1 Like

My gaming time was short-lived, but while it was a thing, it worked well!

1 Like

I use a SteelSeries Nimbus. I use it to play Fantasian on my iPad and AppleTV.

They recently released a new version Nimbus+. One caveat though is for some reason, it’s now working with Steam. Some controller driver error on their end that someone from the Steam community was able to fix via terminal.

Nimbus+ | Apple Arcade Gaming Controller | SteelSeries

PS4 is the best Apple TV4K game controller out there?

So sad that the Switch Pro controller is not supported since that is the only one I own… and it’s pretty great, too.

Some 4 years later, what is 2023’s best game controller for the Apple TV 4K (latest model)?

I would vote for the PS5 Dualsense. Though I still use my trusty Nimbus.

Why is that? Why that over the Nimbus?

iMore with a recent article favoring the Nimbus: Best game controllers for Apple TV and Apple Arcade in 2023 | iMore

I think the build quality and feel of the sticks is better on the Dualsense. There’s some personal preference involved–I’d just buy a few from somewhere with a return policy if you plan to use it a lot and aren’t sure what’ll feel best to you.

I used Nimbus in the past and 8Bitdo Pro 2. But my favorite so far is the 8BitDo Ultimate. I used it for Switch, iOS, Mac, PC and ATV 4K.