Games on Mojave using Parallels

So with the death of 32 bit app on Catalina I had this great idea of installing a Mojave VM with Parallels and playing games there.

Well I seem to have hit a bit of a snag. The first two 32bit games I tried (Jedi Knight II and Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition) both don’t start. Not encouraging.

Has anyone else tried playing older 32 bit games in this manner?

Brian

Hi @bgrinter,

There is a whole movement of playing games on mac that don’t work anymore (mostly windows stuff). Check out these (might get you on the right path). Does not answer your exact question but I hope it helps?

Cool - will check out.

TBH - I don’t know if I WILL play the games, I just want to know I can access them.

I have super fond memories of the old Infocom text adventures on my TI-99/4A, and the LucasArts games like Monkey Island and so on. Showing my age :wink:

I remember playing Monkey Island with my mum (she was playing I was watching, I must have been about 12/13), she had all the sayings written down and think we might of even bought a guide on how to get past some of it. Those where the days (now I sound old) :slight_smile:

The Lucasarts games can be played using ScummVM which has a 64-but build: https://www.scummvm.org/downloads/

I’ve not tried it recently but used to use it to play these games a while ago and it worked great.

After this reminder, I’ll be giving them another go when I have time! They are my favourite games of all time.

I played them as an adult - I AM old :stuck_out_tongue:

I do have the updated Monkey Island with better graphics - haven’t tried replaying that yet