Get alerts for new shows on Apple TV+?

During WWDC 2020, Apple released a teaser trailer for the series, Foundation. Apple also announced that the series will premiere in 2021 but gave no date. I’m very interested in the series so I went ahead and re-subscribed to Apple TV+.

Does anyone know of a way to set up an automatic notification for upcoming new programming in the Apple TV app? I don’t want to miss the release date. There does not appear to be that option on the iPhone. Obviously I’ll be following Apple related news and this forum so I’ll not likely miss it but Apple TV+ notifications would be handy.

I don’t think it is possible in app beyond the default notifications they send (which I got about other shows when they became available.)

There’s a solid third party service that will notify you. https://reelgood.com/show/foundation-2020

Hmmm, interesting that Foundation is coming as a series. Very mixed feelings about that. I read the Foundation series about every six or seven years, and have never grown tired of it. But as good as a series as it is, I’ve never wanted to watch someone act it out. Like the Expanse series – wonderful books but all hacked up to the point of losing the spirit (and logic) of the books when it came out in video.

I agree. An example is Lord of the Rings, but I’ve learned to enjoy both mediums.

Ok, should this creep me out or is this mere coincidence? I clicked on the link (thanks by the way for sharing it) and I see this:

Oh, it’s just because I linked straight to the Foundation page on Reelgood for you. Sorry for the creepy moment!

Oh, I see that now; I had not looked closely at the link–I assumed (you know what happens when you assume!) that it was directed to the service. :slight_smile: Thanks again!

I plan to watch ‘Foundation’ too, but I won’t be subscribing to Apple TV+ full time when my free year ends. It has some good programming, but not enough for a year round subscription, the same as every other streaming service, IMO.

But it will definitely be in my rotation along with Netflix, CBS All Access, Disney, Hulu, etc.