Gimbal suggestions for iPhone 12 Pro

Any Gimbal (or similar tool) suggestions? I’m finding an interest in taking more video, and would like to take things to the next level.

I know pricing can range for video tools. Given that, I’d welcome a budget and mid-range option if possible?

I"m buying the new OM5, I love the form factor updates and the telescoping feature.

1 Like

One thing to check on is how well it holds the phone if you want it in a case. I have the OM4 for my iPhone 12 Pro, and was disappointed that the gimbal was designed for the rounded edges of the prior iPhone. It would work with a case for the older iPhone, but wouldn’t hold the new one securely unless naked. I ended up hacking together a solution involving a piece of metal and the MagSafe connection on my Apple case so I wouldn’t have to take off the case to use the gimbal.

(I have no idea if the new OM5 has the same issue or not, but it is worth checking)

2 Likes

Thank you both! The OM5 looks like the right tool for what I need. I’ll look further into if the case is an issue with the newest design.

2 Likes

I have the Osmo Mobile 3. Great tool for video, DJI software for it is also nice.

1 Like