Good Luck on Sabbatical

@MacSparky, you are about to go where no solo practitioner has ever gone. In my 30 year law career I just couldn’t pull it off. For non-lawyers this is often difficult to understand. On any given day things could be quiet and smooth. Or, blood and bones flying everywhere! Good luck my friend. If any solo practitioner can do it you can!

1 Like

You make it sound like he’s about to go on a trip to mars. LOL!
I seriously hope this was tongue in cheek. Anyways, thanks for the funny remark.

Ha! Going to Mars is easier! Yeah. Just joking. At one point in my legal career, I went 11 years without 5 days off in a row. The legal profession is noble, but can chew up the faint of heart. I’m sure David is an excellent lawyer and as such is in demand. Fitting in a sabbatical while meeting client expectations is where the rubber meets the road.

1 Like

While you were explaining why you were not able to go due to law practice, maybe on email you can put an out of office, call me if emergency… that way disconnect internet or email so you don’t get distracted with other non sense.

Sheep Happens! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey @MacSparky. I’m looking forward to hearing how your sabbatical goes. It’s great to hear your dedication to your clients - and we can hear your trepidation about letting them down. I think I can also hear that you know some of the trepidation is wrapped up in your self-image as a ‘responsive lawyer’. That’s your challenge, I think.
Checking your legal mail seems a good compromise - but what about an auto responder urging clients to call you on 12345678 (a burner phone) if they need a response before next week. You might be surprised how many people are happy to wait rather than make a call.

Gang … my sabbatical is rapidly heading toward an end. I’ll tell how good (and bad) I was at it on next Tuesday’s episode. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A one-week sabbatical is a little like a one-meal fast. :taco:

1 Like

If it’s one taco, that’s only a tenth-of-a-meal fast. :slight_smile:

2 Likes