Google Storage management

Hi,
Does anybody here have experience with Google storage management? I got a mail from Google that my storage is filled up. I checked in my Google account where they list the used storage in Gmail, drive, and photos, and found that google drive takes up 6 GB of data. Looking at Google Drive on my Mac though shows me that it only uses a few hundred MB. Checking the files in Google Drive in my Google accounts shows the same. I don’t find any description of how the difference of more than 5 GB can occur. And I don’t know how to solve it. Any ideas?
Kind regards and keep safe Per

Everything associated with your google account counts toward your total storage: “Every Google Account starts with 15 GB of free storage that’s shared across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos”

If you have a Google Drive folder on your Mac, synced with Google, it will only show those folders and files that are being actively synced. If Backup and Sync is not running, or if you have excluded some directories, etc. that total would be incorrect. In any event, the Google Drive on your Mac would not include the storage used by Gmail or Google Photos, etc.

Check your settings in Backup & Sync especially which GD folders are selected for sync.

You can check everything about your account at:

1 Like

sounds like a phishing email to me