Grocery list app recommendations

I’m looking for a grocery list app that should do the following:

1. Share list with other users.
  2. Choose from preset grocery items list )so you don’t have to type too much).
  3. Be able to manually sort the list by aisles in my grocery store.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 Like

I recommend checking out AnyList. I’ve been happily using it for years.

5 Likes

I like AnyList. The free version ticks all your listed requirements, plus a lot more beside. There is also a subscription version with a few more features.

1 Like

If you’re looking for something cross platform (iOS, web, and Android). I can’t recommend Our Groceries enough. The sync is super fast too. My wife, an Android user, and I will use it in the same store and see updates on the same list on different devices within seconds.

3 Likes

Hands down, AnyList! developers are great, I pay the yearly subscription think it’s $12 just to support them, but the free version is all you really need.

2 Likes

Another for AnyList…easy to use on all platforms, fast and good to look at.

2 Likes

Been using ShopShop for years. Really like the two columns — base list and shopping list. Building the list for the first time requires manual entry of all items. Oh, I use it on an iPad.

Downloaded AnyList it looks interesting. I wonder if it Is superior+ on an iPhone compared to ShopShop.

1 Like

We use Our Groceries. It works with Alexa and we haven’t had any sync issues.

My wife likes it because it stores all your previous purchases…so when you’re thinking ‘what do we normally buy’ you can select from a list.

We used to use ShopShop, but moved away to have Alexa compatibility.

3 Likes

+1 for AnyList. It has all the features you’re looking for. I use it with my wife and daughter, and have never had any issues. It also allows you to plan meals for the week and add recipes, both of which are linked to your grocery list. Great app!

3 Likes

I tried the free version of anylist and the app is very noisy telling me to get the complete subscription. So no thanks.

We use Buy Me A Pie. Single purchase, syncs everywhere including a mac desktop app. Anylist was just too demanding and a subscription ismneeded for watch acceas, etc

2 Likes

Thank you all so so much for your recommendations!! I hadn’t even heard of AnyList. I’m about to download and try it. If I love it I’ll buy it - I like to support the developers. If not I’ll try the two other recommendations.

1 Like

anylist, definitely… Use it with my wife all the time.

1 Like

I have a Groceries list in Reminders. I use Siri on the HomePod to add items when I’m in the kitchen and run out of something, and a combination of a Workflow to add repeatable items from list, and Drafts to add items when I want to add multiple ad-hoc items, like when I’m shopping things I need for a specific recipe for example.

Usually before I go shopping I’ll re-arrange the Reminders list to match the order of the aisles, as best as I can remember anyway, and when there use my AppleWatch to tick off items as I add them to my basket.

The Reminders list can be shared, provided the other person is on Apple of course.

2 Likes

Another recommendation for AnyList from me. My wife and I use it daily for tracking shared grocery lists and meal planning.

1 Like

I use Reminders with my Apple Watch. Works like a charm for me.

1 Like

We use Buy Me a Pie. I even have my three teenagers on board with it.

2 Likes

I also recommend AnyList.

1 Like

Our Groceries is imo the best outthere. It sync’s flawlessly and you only have to type 1 or 2 letters and it finds the product.
https://www.ourgroceries.com/overview

2 Likes

Buy me a pie. It has multiple lists for different stores/types so we have one for groceries, one for Costco, and one for Lowes (I’m remodeling my house).

1 Like

Another vote for Anylist. I pay for the annual subscription, which is worth every penny IMHO.
There are many things I like about the app, but here are my highlights:

Siri (and Alexa) support. If you enable it, the app creates a list in the Reminders App called Grocery List. You can use Siri to add items to this grocery list (“Hey Siri, add doughnuts to my Grocery List”), and when you next open the Anylist app, all those items are imported from the Grocery List into Anylist. I have a HomePod near my kitchen, so I just tell Siri to add items as needed. Super convenient.

Watch support: The Watch version of the app pulls in your selected lists, and you can tick off items as you shop. No more fumbling with the phone every time.

Recipe import: If you find a recipe on the web that you like, you can use the App’s web clipper to pull it in to the Recipes database. I’ve done this about 300 recipes so far, and it’s very accurate. Both the iOS version and the companion Mac app has this feature.

3 Likes