Grocery list app?

I think you misunderstood. I don’t type out the list every time and I don’t do any sorting. The list is set and in the order of how I go through the isles of the store.
The only work I put into it is the same work you’d have to do to enter grocery items into an app. After the initial entry they are there. One and done.
All the apps are so fiddly I would challenge anyone to a speed test and confident my method is faster.
The only advantage I see of a grocery app is the share ability aspect, which is not a need for me.
Cheers.

That’s backwards to me. It should be in no stores until I set it to just the ones where it goes.

Your stores must never change the locations. In order of an aisle is worthless to me because every time we go shopping at least one if not all the stores we visit will have moved stuff around. And then there are the stores like Costco or Sam’s Club where you basically have to go up and down every aisle to find things and what’s available changes all the time.

Figure out what it was about it that knocked it off my list. The requirement to keep the list in their cloud.

Yeah, I wouldn’t want a web breach revealing I buy butter every week.

Katie

3 Likes

What kind of stores are you using?
There is a real science behind the question, how to build a grocery store, and where to place the items, and normally all stores are following those basics developed somewhere in the late 70s early 80s, as it is highly improving the amount of money they could get out of every customer per visit.
So, at least in the “Western World” almost all Stores have a similar order of their product categories.
There is a scientific reason, why fruits and vegetables are presented at the main front door in almost every market…

Let’s see, several big box stores. They ALWAYS change the locations of stuff, that’s how they get you to cruise the isles and do impulse buys. When you are searching for the stuff you buy every month that isn’t where it was last month and find something you might think you need.

Farm stores, these vary a lot, now generally the locations of the categories don’t change much, Murdoch’s for example has clothing to the right, tools straight ahead, hunting stuff in the back, hardware and parts left and back and feed and vet suppplies on the far left. But that is only the one we go to. The other Murdoch’s in another town we’ve gone into occasionally is organized differently. And the specific thing you need is very rarely in the same place. If I need to get electric fence parts I do not know where it will be as they move it around regularly. Generally in early spring it will be up near the front but later in summer it changes. And within the large categories things move a lot. Last time we were in, the Milwaukee tools were where the DeWalt used to be and the Kubota parts were now where the Ford parts were.

The hydraulic hose place varies, the only standard there is go up to the desk in back and hand them the busted hose and wait wheile they forage for the parts to build you a new one. Faster than you finding the right ends and then taking them to the back to have the hose built.

At Tractor Supply dog food used to be over by the pet stuff like collars and dog toys now it’s back in the feed section along with oats and alfalfa pellets. Chicken waterers might be in the hardware section or over by chicken food or where they have the baby chicks for sale when that starts.

Even in the grocery store while the veges are usually to one side or the other near the front the inner aisles change regularly. We used to be able to go in hit the produce section, then come up where the salsa and sauces are, swing over to the frozen foods and be able to get what we needed easily. But in the frozen section they’ve moved the onion rings so they are down one aisle next to the peas and corn but the french fries are over by the pizza not with the other frozen vegetables.

JoAnn’s, the fabric store, used to have all the craft books and magazines in one area, now they are scattered all over the store. While generally the quilting and sewing ones are near the fabric that doesn’t hold true for paper crafts like scrapbooking and other fiber art like knitting. Those magazines and books are not near the yarn or the scrapbook paper aisles anymore. And it has changed each time we’ve been over the last year.

No it’s more of a the cloud may not be able to be contacted. Happens even in the cities around here, no internet service, so if it’s a cloud based system you are out of luck.

2 Likes

My family uses any list as well. It’s worked for years. No more, “can you get this at the grocery store?”. Put it on the list.

1 Like