Gurman 'Fresh Apple Apps'

Not holding my breath but I would sure love to see backlinking in Apple Notes and a sharesheet in Apple Mail. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Widgets that actually update on their own would be nice.

7 Likes

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:. I would add the ability to export AN to markdown or RTF to the wish list. And iOS Smart Rules and folders like on the Mac. Hopefully also more things being accessible in Shortcuts (I am thinking of the Reading List of Safari here or color filters in settings).

2 Likes

Just in case Apple doesn’t grant your wish:

1 Like

I use that app monthly to export all of my ANs to Markdown and then save them to DEVONthink. I doubt Apple will implement export to markdown. Markdown is an edge case for the vast majority of Apple customers.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing it out. I know that. I should have added from iOS or iPadOS. Currently, I rarely touch my MacBook. At work I have to use Windows and at home I’m on my iPad.

I mostly hope for sind Mac capabilities on iPadOS without becoming a MacBook.

1 Like

I guess so. Let’s keep hope up for a share button in mail. :sweat_smile:. Although drag and drop mails makes things possible. If I could select all flagged or archived mails via shortcut, that would solve the problem of moving mails comfortably on iOS as well. But I guess MPU use cases are mostly edge cases sadly :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Tap the top message with two fingers and drag down to select multiple emails.

I know it’s how rumors work, but I think this is one of the most vague rumors I’ve seen recently from Gurman. Are his sources not delivering, I wonder.

“new ways of interacting” - ok great, pretty sure every single major iOS version has some form of this, along with “fresh Apple apps” in some way.

“The news about watchOS 9 will be significant” - yes, every major version update of any of Apple’s OSes is significant news-wise. Right on the nail there, good job.

Maybe I’m just not fun at parties :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Possibly. Or perhaps you are becoming immune to reality distortion fields.

2 Likes

No, you are completely right!
I wanted to write the same. There are a couple of links you can click on those “News” Sites, and read the stuff, and all you get is, “Gurman expects a significant update” (with a link to a site, where he is also stating only that) and around that statement you can find a lot of informations about the Updates from last year, or the problems you run into, while updating the Watch Series 3 to the current WatchOS Version.
That is purely click-bait, with no relevant informations at all.

It’s a cool way to select items. Thanks.

1 Like

So true. :sweat_smile:. Not really news.

I second this. Also, ability to add/edit groups in Contacts for iOS.

1 Like