Gym iPhone App Recommendation

That’s the thing that drives me crazy about all types of software, websites, etc… the obvious lack of real feedback from users driving design and implementation decisions.

1 Like

Same here, I’ve been using Strong for many years as well and haven’t had any issues. Currently at 778 workouts logged. I haven’t talked with the developer in a few years, but he was responsive and helpful then. I sure hope I don’t run into the same issue.

To be honest I wouldn’t even mind wiping out some old workouts. The last two years are probably all that is relevant to me anymore.

I definitely agree that it feels pretty stagnant and I have been watching for new entries lately. I’m willing to give Hevy a shot, but I really don’t like the social aspect. Trying it out a bit, I don’t think I’ll be switching.

I really wish one app would add automatic increments to a routine. It’s not a major issue considering they both show you the previous lift, but then I have to type in the new weight. Let me specify on a per routine and per exercise basis, an increment for which the weight will change so every time I start a workout it reflects an accurate weight automatically.

If I bench press 135lbs on Monday, I want the app to automatically set my bench press to 140lbs next time. Let me customize this to account for micro plates as well.

2 Likes

GymBook – great for logging workouts, lightweigth, no false “AI” promises, no subscription, only some valuable IAP.

Not my experience :man_shrugging:

I chose Strong a while back and haven’t really looked for anything since. It’s relatively simple and does what I want, tracks my weight workouts and integrates with the Health app. I wasn’t really looking for something to create workouts for me or try to coach me. I just wanted something I could use to track dumbbell workouts at home. It integrates with Shortcuts too so you can start a workout by scanning an NFC tag, for example. I have an NFC tag on my workbench though I end up typically using the watch app because it works really well.

I never noticed the amount of reviews Fitbod has. I’m going to guess at least 98.35% of them are fake.

Just used Hevy for the first time today and I’m liking it. Thanks for the recommendation. That’s going to save me $10/mo

1 Like