Handwriting on iPad screen-protector

Hello friends,

Those who use iPad with lots of handwriting, do you use a screen-protector like Paperlike?
Appreciate any advice on that topic.

I acquired a rock paper pencil one a week ago. It comes with ball point like tips as well. I find it a little bit better.

My wife tried it, wrote one word, and then said “oh, that’s so much better!”

Yeah, I’d say trying one is worth it at the very least. If it doesn’t work for you you’ll have learnt something. If it does, great :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m not a heavy pencil user, just short notes and sketches. I’ve never used a screen protector on my iPP and have no scratches after four years of use.

Yes i use the Paperlike on my 10.9 Air thats a couple of years old now, following advice from MPU I think @beck who really recommended it. I had dabbled with no-name or cheaper alternatives from Amazon that didn’t work well for me but the Paperlike is wonderful. I am no artist it is all note taking for me. Added bonus is it takes some of the glare out of the screen as well in bright environments. I honestly don’t even notice the supposed drop in resolution or screen “fuzziness” after a while. Mine has lasted a long time too and I’m still on my first one. Would recommend without hesitation.

1 Like

Yes, I too never used protectors and scratches are not concern but the paper-like feel.

1 Like

I like Astropad’s products, extra points for it being reusable, I like using my screen without covers if I’m not writing.

1 Like

Yes, I bought a Moshi iVisor AG Screen Protector for my 2020 iPad Pro and have used it constantly for all sorts of writing with the Apple pencil. I love it.

1 Like

I’ve had a rock paper pencil for about 7 months and really like it.
So much better for writing.

1 Like

I’ve taken it off a couple of times but probably won’t do so again. The nib means that if I’ve left the screen protector in another room I can’t use the pencil, and I really don’t like having to go back to that other room to pick up the piece of plastic I misplaced!

Forgetting things is part of my fitness program :grinning:

1 Like

Forgetting things is the pain of my life.

2 Likes