Has anyone taken Shawn Blanc's Focus Course?

This class looks very interesting, but it is pretty expensive. Wondering if anyone has taken the class before, and if so, can provide any feedback. Registration is closing tonight.

(Yes, I know there is a 60 day money-back guarantee, but I’m the guy who hates asking for money back unless I hate something.)

I took it. I didn’t get a lot out of it, and don’t think it’s worth the money. I didn’t stay on top of it, and wasn’t finished when the 60-day guarantee ran out, so didn’t get a refund. I also paid for the private Slack group, which wasn’t helpful.
In both cases, I would look very carefully at the website, as I discovered after paying one price that a much lower price was available.
Overall, I would suggest passing.

Edit: I just downloaded videos for Module 5, and they are all dated Jan 17, 2016. I haven’t checked all the videos in other modules, but it looks like they haven’t been updated in four years.

1 Like

Provenance attached.
You can see I was billed $299, then refunded $287 (after I complained) because the Slack channel was $12/mo, rather than $299/yr. You can also see the 4x$99 payments for the course. I was also billed an extra $12, which was refunded on 9/7 (also after I complained).

3 Likes