Has Evernote discontinued product support for the Evernote Scansnap?

Like I said in a previous post, I stopped using Evernote a couple of years ago. I was such a heavy Evernote user I even got the Evernote Scansnap Edition and ever since I stopped using the program I also stopped scanning documents.

I spent the weekend going through a mountain of documents and I decided I was going to get back into the paperless routine. Long story short, I spend 40 minutes looking for the link to download compatible software for that particular scanner. Turns out, links on Evernote’s website are broken and it seems like that page hasn’t been updated in a long time.

I looked for the software on Fujitsu’s website but it’s almost as if they don’t offer support for it. I was able to find a link on Evernote’s forums but now I’m worried that the link will stop working in the future if I ever need to install the software on a new machine. This was a very expensive scanner and it’s too bad Evernote and Fujitsu just kind of dropped support for this product.

I wish Fujitsu would release an update so that the scanner would work with their Scansnap software.

Looks like they have at least one version that is still for sale.

In the past, I’ve found that the latest version of ScanSnap software usually works with their older standard desktop scanners. You may find the software has some new feature, like wireless, that your scanner doesn’t support, but I am reasonably sure the basic scanning profiles should work normally. As I recall, I installed the iX500 version on both a Windows PC using a 1500 series, and a Mac using a 1500 series (or older) ScanSnap in the last year or so. Might be worth a try.

1 Like

I think you ned this:
http://scansnap.fujitsu.com/global/evernote/index.html
Your Evernote ScanSnap will be translated into a IX500, voilĂ !