Help me decide between a MacBook Air and MacBook Pro

I have the same question. No doubt a 15 is better as a second or third desktop display, but I’ve used a 13 that way and found it usable and useful.

Are you planning on doing much video production? I’m deciding between M3 Air and MBP M3 “Pro”. Obviously the Pro will be better but how much better for the AUD700 premium?

@tomalmy @Synchronicity I found the 13" display was too small to be useful when positioned on my desk next to the 27" external display, except in limited circumstances. The 15" display seems to be large enough that I can use it more often.

@Bill_Aus I do not plan to do video production.

3 Likes

I felt that when getting an M1 MBP to replace my 2012 MBP last summer! Incredible machine.

1 Like

That’s an 11-year difference. Impressive! Was the 2012 MBP your primary machine?

No, that would be my 2012 iMac! And that’s still technically my primary machine (i.e., the one with all of my data, music, device syncs, etc on it), though I’m starting to feel like it might be time to modernize the “home base” system as well. There might be an M-series Mac Mini in my near-ish future…

1 Like