Hi everyone, I’m looking for some advice in consolidating the mess I have currenty:
- $12/month 1 TB SpiderOak storage plan that I use to backup 2 MacBooks in the family – using only about 100 GB of this
- External hard drive using TimeMachine to backup my Macbook daily
- Using free (compressed) Google Drive to store ~ 15 GB of photos
- Using free Dropbox account to sync a 400 MB DevonThink database
- I also have some photos in iCloud and some on my mac that are different from what is in Google Photos (that is a whole other mess I need to clean up)
My question is how can I consolidate this? I need a cloud storage backup solution and a cloud storage photos solution and a general cloud storage location for DevonThink and shared files. Is there something I can use that will do all of that?
I like SpiderOak because I can store files on it and use it as a cloud backup solution with their software installed. I don’t need to pay a separate monthly subscription for Carbonite or Backblaze – I can utilize the cloud storage I already pay for, but I haven’t seen this offered with iCloud or Dropbox.
It would be nice to have one place for photos, files & backups. Thanks for any tips.