Help me with my Christmas list → custom external keyboard

TBH I :heart: the midi mode. It reminds me of the coolest little keyboard I had when I was a kid.

1 Like

Learn the DVORAK layout, then you can mistype different letters. I am using a Moonlander with a DVORAK layout.

3 Likes

I have been tempted to do this many times as a way to procrastinate on writing my dissertation.

Have a look at the Dygma Raise that @Dstackle posted. It might be the droids you’re looking for.
It also has the modifier keys in a sane position, in addition to thumb clusters.
The only thing I find missing is the inverted-T arrow keys.

It is an excellent diversion, throw in a Moonlander and then you have the incorporate an ortholinear layout along with DVORAK.

1 Like

p.s. What are you using now?

Actually, looks like @JohnAtl and I are almost on the same page. I’m using a Drop ALT.

I wrote about it over here:

@JohnAtl’s keycaps are nicer than mine. I have been avoiding the keycaps rabbit hole (for now).

2 Likes

This one’s my favorite over at Drop:

2 Likes

@beck is a bad influence.

I really like my Bladerunner-themed keycaps, but these have a really nice profile, inspired by Apple keyboards, so it feels like home.

1 Like

You are both bad influences now, to be fair

1 Like

Muwahahaha!
Click the link Ryan, click the link …

1 Like

So, what did Santa bring? And were you happy with it?

I’ve ordered a Dygma Raise, but I’m a bit worried about the transition from flat MacBook at home and cheap Dell keyboard at work to the higher OEM Keycaps and the noise…did you have trouble transitioning?

I’m considering these, which are similar to those lovely Drop ones, but XDA (so flatter) and with an extra “layer” already printed on them - I thought that might help with learning the layers and easing the cognitive load.

But whoa, what a :moneybag::rabbit::hole: :crazy_face: