I am looking at several cases of DVDs of file archives and I used to use a Media Cataloging app but I can’t for the life of me remember what it was called. I know it isn’t stored on my current iMac, but if I can get the name, maybe I can be more effective in trying to continue to search for it (along with it’s database).
- I feel like it was called something like My Media Catalog or Media Library. I think I would know the icon if I saw it.
- I can’t remember if I bought it alone or if it were in a bundle (which I’ve looked at some of my bundle receipts) and I’ve searched through Mac blogs of which apps were in bundles.
- I likely had it around 2009-2013ish give or take
- It isn’t Delicious Library (I also had that, but used it for books instead)
- It isn’t Bento, but I also used this one for some time for organization.
Anyone have ANY clue what it could be?
Mac apps I know of that catalog DVDs include
- Delicious Library
- Coollector Movie
- DVD Hunter
I think I may have just found it (the name, that is). I believe I used DiskLibrary which is unfortunately discontinued. Although DiskCatalogMaker sounds familiar.
I think at this point going through these DVDs one at a time would be faster.
You might have some luck using alternative.to if you know something functionally similar.
I just found my external hard drive with my catalog files and they were created with an app called “Media Catalog” which was discontinued in 2011 https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/15525/media-catalog
I can open the app, and import 10 DVDs but if I can’t find my license then this will be painful.
I tried to contact the developer, but I don’t know if that will come of anything. Fingers crossed.