Help! Universal Control stole my Mouse!

I just read an article in Mac World about how the author, Glen Fleishman, lost his mouse when it snuck off the side of one Mac onto another in (I think) a different room.

This has happened to me a couple of times - from Mac to iPad, in the same room - and it is bewildering, at first, coz shaking the mouse makes no diffeence.

Yeah - this can be frustrating when it happens and you don’t expect it to. Still, one less mouse/keyboard set on the desk is really neat.

1 Like

I can’t remember exactly, but wasn’t there a way with KeyBoardMaestro, to set the Mouse to a specific location on the Desktop?
If the Mouse disappears frequently, it might be worse to setup an action, to get the mouse with a shortcut somewhere back on the Desktop in front of you.

This happened to me the other day when my wife took the iPad. It was rather confusing for a bit before I figured out what as going on.

Yes, and I use such an action. However, Keyboard Maestro does not see the pointer when it is on the iPad. So that has not worked for me.

If someone does have this working I’d love to know how to do it!

I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my cursor go now, that’ll be the end of it.

4 Likes

Somewhere Liam Neeson is smiling.