Help with iPad OS Multitasking

I don’t know if this is possible with iPadOS 13, I haven’t figured out a way to do what I want. What I want to do is have an ebook open in the O’Reilly app on the left hand side of split view and be able to quickly switch between 2 apps on the right hand side. Sometimes have iA Writer open to take notes, other times have Pythonista open to try out the code I’m reading about in the O’Reilly app.

My current approach is to have Pythonista always open on the right side, but have iA Writer as a slide over app. This works, but I’d really like to have a quick way to switch between 2 apps on the right side of the split screen.

Hmm, if you have O’Reilly and Pythonista in the Dock it takes two movements to do it. I see no faster way as of now.
The problem might be that you have to open the dokument in the apps as well. I don’t have a good answer beyond that, I guess.

Open iAWriter.
Open Pythonista

–> The two apps are now in your “recents” list.

Open the O’Reilly app. Open iAWriter in split on the right. When you want to switch, pull up the dock, grab the icon for Pythonista, and move it up to replace iAWriter in the right panel. Repeat as needed to bring back iAWriter.

JJW

2 Likes

OK, that works, but that is too many gestures to switch between the 2 apps. Even though I’ve been using split screen for years now, I can still have a hard time dragging the app from the dock into split screen. I’m better at it, but I still mess it up from time to time.