@home - a tiny utility for macOS that keeps your Mac unlocked while you are at home

@home - a tiny utility for macOS that keeps your Mac unlocked while you are at home

Someone was just looking for something like this awhile ago, but I can’t find the link to the conversation now.

TL;DR: It’s nearly impossible to automate the disabling of the screensaver password in macOS these days, but I just came across an app that will do just that, and it’s even available from the Mac App Store, for free.

Homepage:

https://beatrupp.github.io/athome/

Download from the Mac App Store:

1 Like

I would be uneasy at installing something that messes with macOS’ security settings, and with the Watch, unlocking the Mac is so fast! [System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac]

If you don’t have a watch… I guess that’s different, then. :wink:

Yup, no watch for me (I can’t stand having anything on my wrist).

One of the things I love most about my iPad Pro is Face ID. Typing passwords never seemed such a chore until I realized how much easier Face ID was on my iPhone.

Either I am not getting something about this application, or author does not know that Amphetamine was able to do it for ages. I also do not understand why there should technically be a need to disable the screensaver password. You just have to prevent your mac from sleep.

1 Like

I use Amphetamine, but did not know either… Thank you for mentioning this!