Home+ App with Apple Home

I have heard great reviews for the Home+ app and I am interested in trying it. Question though: If I install and use Home+ on my iPhone, will that “break” the other people here who would still be using the Apple Home App?

I have gotten a bit more serious in the past few months about home automation and I have several things set up in “Home” now (and also got a Raspberry Pi and installed Homebridge). So now I want to play with Home+ a bit, but I don’t want to change things for the others who have learned to do things with Apple Home.

2 Likes

I don’t think it should, it just reads your data from the Home app. Just be aware that you won’t be able to control Apple TV, HomePod, or HomePod mini with Home+ if you own those devices.

https://hochgatterer.me/home+/docs/help/supported-accessories/

Thanks. I don’t have homepods and I don’t use HomeKit to control my Apple TV ( most of the time).

I just bought Home+, and absolutely love it so far.

It really works nicely as a front end in that it surfaces absolutely everything, but doesn’t interfere at all with the main app.

I’m enjoying setting up my automations, so next is to find out how reliable it all works!

2 Likes

…and what have you learned? Is it reliable?

Life got in the way of my testing… ask me again in Jan!

1 Like

Sure. Life getting in the way of things is a way of life for me :grinning:

Thanks