Hoverbar Duo opinions

I saw a video this morning with @RosemaryOrchard talking about the Hoverbar Duo. (I was looking for reviews on cooking apps.) I’m intrigued because I don’t have a good place to place my iPad in the kitchen when cooking.

I’ve done some searching in this forum and I don’t really see any competitors to the Hoverbar. It seems people were more interested in stands. I’ve seen some people say it’s ok. Curious if anyone has a diff option or has an updated opinion of it.

But as I was thinking of using it for cooking, I thought maybe I would use it on my desk during the day. But if it’s a hassle to switch between the clamp and the base, that may be a non-starter. Maybe I just keep it on the clamp for every use.

Thank you for your feedback. This is helpful. I am also using an 11.9" iPad Pro.

1 Like

There are many out there. I’m guessing you might be missing the keyword arm. Search Google or Amazon for “ipad arm” or “tablet arm” rather than “ipad stand”.

Point well taken. Thanks.

I use it to hold an old iPad Pro 12.9, which I use in side-car mode.

I don’t interact with it much, but it’s a really handy way of adding an extra screen which I use mostly for zoom or ms teams calls (with the webcam mounted just behind it).

2 Likes

The Hoverbar Duo is … fine. It seems like it will tip over too easily if you position it “wrong” and that feels like a design flaw. However, I had the 12.9-inch iPad so that was a challenge to balance, I am sure.

I have one of these AboveTEK Desktop Tablet Stand which looks like this:

It’s not nearly as high, and it’s not as “flexible” as the Hoverbar Duo, but it is very solid, and is great for lifting the iPad off the desk.

I can’t say if it would work for you while cooking, but I think it would. It’s also from Amazon, which means you can buy it now and return it until January 31st if you find you don’t like it.

Just leaving this here A Tour of Some Weird iPad Stands – 512 Pixels

3 Likes

I was lying in my bed holding my iPad above my chest when I saw this article. Hmmm.

if anyone is using the iPad Toilet Paper Roll Holder stand linked by @ismh, please do not mention it lol

2 Likes

Really interesting. I picked up a cheaper “clone” of the Hoverbar Duo and I’m really happy with it. My iPad 12.9 lives in it when in desktop mode. The weight works well, it’s relatively easy to position, and it feels solidly made. It doesn’t also function as a clamp, though.

I’ve recommended a few people check out the Hoverbar Duo on the basis of my experience, figuring that the more expensive option would be better made than the one that I have, but based on what you’ve written, I may have to revise that thinking…