(How) Can I disable badges on folders?

Since I don’t like badges I disable them for every App. Until recently this worked fine; no badge anywhere. However, suddenly (a recent iPadOS update?) I still get a badge on a folder, if one of the Apps (with badges disabled!) in that folder gets a push notification…

(How) Can I disable badges on folders?

(Or is this a recent bug in iPadOS?)

This is a glitch in iPadOS (at least it was in iPadOS 15). It happened to me a couple of times but has not happened for quite some time. It usually goes away.

I believe in iOS and iPadOS, if you hold down on the folder that has a badge on it, it should show you which apps have a notification. It might help isolate an app causing problems, or it’s a bug in the system. Either way, it’s worth a shot and I hope this helps.

1 Like

Yes, this works. But this is still a glitch in iPadOS that it shows a folder as having notifications when these have been turned off for all apps in a folder so there shouldn’t be any badges or apps listed in that popup menu. It hasn’t happened for me with iPadOS 16 yet, but I did experience it a couple of times on iPadOS 15, especially on earlier versions. Not sure what OS the OP is on.

I’m running iPadOS 16.1.1 (20B101).

I rebooted the iPad and since then it has not happened again (yet).

1 Like