(How) Can I transfer an App (from iPad to iPhone)?

Proxyman is an App that uses an Agenda like subscription model: you pay for updates for 1 year and can then stay on that version or buy a (bit) cheaper license for upgrades during the next year. This works fine on macOS, but on iOS you need to disable automatic updates, because Proxyman only checks the version number on start up and then disables all Premium functionality (also the already paid part), instead of only disabling newer functionality, like Working Copy does.

So I disabled automatic updates when my license expired and this went fine for a while, but as you can already guess, I accidentally hit the Update button (on my iPhone) and I ended up with a newer version, losing all paid functionality… :cry:

I still have the older version (from before my license expired) on my iPad and would like to transfer that to my iPhone, so I can use the functionality I paid for on my iPhone as well.

(How) Can I transfer an App (from iPad to iPhone)?

(I use the App very infrequently and can’t currently justify the upgrade, which is almost $99 in my case)

Have you tried just to delete it on the iPhone, and reinstall it from your “Already bought” Section at the App Store?

1 Like

No, but when I go there the App Store offers the latest version (which makes sense, since I accidentally updated/installed that version at my iPhone).

Note that the App is “free” and the subscription is a IAP, so I already “bought” the latest version.

The Proxyman developer was very generous and extended my license so that I can unlock the latest version on my iPhone :tada:

I’m still interested how I can transfer an App, in case this ever happens again (which I’m afraid will happen at some point).

IIRC there was once the possibility to backup the iPhone via iTunes, and that included at some point also the installed Apps.
I do not know, if this still works with the solution via the Finder, or the Apple Device Management App (which unfortunately never works for me, and I never could remember the name).

1 Like
1 Like

AFAIK there is no way to do what you want.

1 Like