How do you carry your tech?

I unfortunately need to carry quite a heavy bag on a daily basis, so the PeakDesign Everyday Backpack (big one, 30 l?) is perfect for me.

1 Like

You won’t regret your purchase. It’s the best bag I’ve ever owned.

1 Like

A Saddleback Leather briefcase. 100 year warranty.

imagehttps://i.pinimg.com/originals/93/17/87/93178784a245f93a57831c96aa4f47c0.jpg

3 Likes

Bellroy A4 for my ipad and accessories and notebook, Bellroy Laptop sleeve for Macbook Pro, Bellroy pouches for misc. gear, Hard Graft Offhand Shoulder Bag for when I’m carrying everything. Bellroy Duotote bag for when I’m on my bike or not carrying all my gear.

Peak Design: Everyday Backpack is my daily driver.

3 Likes

After years and years of searching and trying to find the perfect bag for me, I found the Empire Builder from Tom Bihn. Empire Builder Web page

empirebuilder

I wanted a bag to stand on its own, be able to carry more than one laptop, not have too many pockets, and have a quality build that is not going to break or wear down in a few years.

I take it with me everywhere, everyday. For the five years I’ve had it, not a single bit of wear is showing.

4 Likes

Ooo, I love questions like this.

I carry a 13" MBP, 9.7" iPad Pro (sometimes w/a smart keyboard), and paper notebook (usually a Leuchtturm1917, but rn a Baron Fig). I use two pen loops on the iPad to secure an Apple Pencil, and two more on the notebook to secure a Pilot Vanishing Point. I put one pen loop on the front cover and the other loop on the back cover to keep the notebook closed when the pen is in the loop.

Most of the year, I also have lightweight mittens, a lightweight hoodie, and a pair of ear bags stashed away. In the rainy season, I also carry spats.

I put a strong magnetic hook inside my bike locker and hang my TB Synapse 19L on it. The Synapse pretty much always has a pair of cheap earbuds, a fork and spoon, a small tin of salt, and a water bottle. I am, basically, always prepared to eat.

I transfer my tech from a medium-sized Sackville Saddlesack (pictured below), which always has a lock, some tools, a spare tube, and a couple John’s Irish Straps in it, into the Synapse once I get to school (and vice versa when I head home for the day).

On days when I only take my iPad and notebook, I use a TB Small Cafe Bag and put it directly in the Saddlesack.

2 Likes

I use the eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack. I carry a 15-inch MacBook Pro, an iPad, and a Full Focus Planner. This is a great bag, but it can get a little tight when I go on a trip. Highly recommended.

Watch for discounts - you can get this bag routinely for $69.

Brompton C bag. While riding my Brompton folding bike it clicks on as a front pannier. When walking around a strap flips out and it’s a messenger bag. Genius!

1 Like

I recently had to do a lot of air travel so I purchased a Waterfield Air Porter. This bag is a wonder for its size, and I’m using it now more than a backpack. I can fit a 15” Dell Laptop a 15” MacBook Pro, and an 11” iPad Pro into the Air Porter, along with cable, bricks, and notebooks. The strap carries comfortably on the shoulder.

Ha, I knew you were a kindred spirit!
Tom Bihn Synapse 25 for me with an older model cache, and a Freudian slip that I’m still undecided about.

My iPad Pro lives in this case, with first gen pencil in the carrier slot

Analog notebooks are usually in a state of flux. Currently a Full Focus Notebook. Tried the FF journal and planner, but they didn’t work for me. Then I started wondering why I was carrying all those notebook pages that I wouldn’t use for months, so thin notebooks it is (currently).

Edit: Also TOPS FocusNotes notebooks. Essentially Cornell Notes, with unobtrusive lines. I wish they were available with Clairfontaine paper, but you can’t have everything :slightly_smiling_face: I don’t use the Cornell part that much, but like the form factor of the page and the lined portion.

Sturdy with strap closures… relatively inexpensive

:smiley:

Curious about what’s “focusing” about the design of the skinny one? Or is it offered as an augment to the larger system?

We share this, too. I write morning pages on Clairefontaine Triomphe and have for many years. I buy 10 pads at a time from Goulet (used to buy from Writer’s Bloc before they closed shop).

My “tech” varies. Sometimes I even carry 2 laptops with me. :smiley:

• most of the time: a “Crumpler Good Boy”. Carries a lot of stuff, very practical, could look better
  • when I need less stuff: a Freitag messenger bag
  • when I run to work (laptop+change of clothes): a green backpack I stole from the army
  • travel (photo gear): F-Stop Satori backpack

Now I am looking for a smaller backpack that fits my tech and also some photo gear. The Crumpler bag I mostly use has no proper camera storage.

I personally swear by this Tumi Albany Commuter Brief, it’s my day to day, it’s practical as hell, and is elegant to walk into any meeting with.

All my tech gear and mobile office are carried within Saddleback Leather bags and accessories. I would not use anything else, as this way they are protected and all the gear comes with a 100 year warranty. check them out for some amazing kit with lots of uses at www.saddlebackleather.com.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s just a notebook.

We share this, too. I write morning pages on Clairefontaine Triomphe and have for many years. I buy 10 pads at a time from Goulet (used to buy from Writer’s Bloc before they closed shop).

Hm. Interesting.
I use Rhodia drilled No. 18 pads too. Of course they’re made with Clairfontaine paper.

just received a Tomoe River - super thin paper, and the ink (rollerball) stays wet. Probably not going to be one I use.

Anybody not watching Chase Reeves’s bag reviews?

The only tech I carry is my iPhone XS Max. It’s in a $12 case… and a deep front pants pocket.

1 Like