How do you organize tasks, files, emails and notes?

It was journey, and was inspired here https://talk.macpowerusers.com/t/it-s-situations-like-this-that-make-me-reevaluate-evernote-for-a-possible-return/

Been through all the apps but really only mattered that with Evernote I used it enough to be able to pull relevant important information for my family. I don’t actually take notes per say, more file storage with little dot points explaining them.

1 Like

In that case you may like AnyType.

I’ve only started using Capacities for a week and already like it so much that I went ahead and subscribed (yearly) to their Believer plan. Wrote a small blog post on my Alfred and Keyboard Maestro workflow here.

Confused by this. What’s to synchronize between them? In my world the only things that need to be synchronized are notes and tasks and I do them all in Obsidian now so sync is easy.

Email always gets extracted out into the note if it is relevant. I only do email on a single machine for simplicity and ease of backup and management.

Files are segregated to the machine where I use that package. If I have to share files between machines that is done via our Synology server.

Cpmpartmentalization is a lot easier to manage and use compared to trying to keep vastly differnet machines in sync with each other.

1 Like

I was just doing a weekly run through of my EN inbox and thought of this post.

• saving the paint colour and brand that I just painted my house with
  • receipts for my kids fall sports/programs
  • trip information for the hotel I’m staying in tonight with my confirmation numbers
  • emails/PDF schedules related to my son going to highschool in a couple weeks

I thought, this COULD go in Obsidian, but I think EN is a much better home for all this. With OCR

1 Like

It’s complicated

8 Likes

If my work didn’t block EN years ago, I think I’d still be using it.

2 Likes

files : synology (mostly), icloud (a little)
email : fastmail and apple mail
tasks : things
notes: devonthink
calendar: fastmail
contacts: fastmail and icloud