How do you set your phone camera to take small size pictures

How do you get your phone camera to take small size pictures.

I am trying to do weight watchers and I just have a really hard time journaling my food, I would like to just take a picture of everything I eat.

I don’t need a 3 MB picture of the banana I had for a snack.

Once I get photos of a reasonable size my next challenge is where to put them, I was thinking of just putting them in an album but I would like to be able to comment about what was going on when I was eating that food.

Right now I’m trying to decide which would be easier, Apple notes or Day One journal.

Once I sort that out I’m going to have to complete my Mac Sparky Shortcuts Field Guide Course and see how I can automate it.

It would be great if I could just say “take food picture” and it would take the picture put it into a note along with the date and any comments and maybe the WW Points, I might be able to actually keep track of what I’m eating if I could make it that simple.

I don’t know if there is a mode for that but someone has made a shortcut that may help

Thanks for the link! I will give it a try. Surprised that there is not a camera setting, I guess they are focused on the best photo possible.

Couldn’t you just drag them which would give you a smaller size.

I just tried Notes. For any photos within a given note, you have an option of it being a small or a larger version. Rather neat. I had no idea it was even there.

I tried it out with a note with like 6 photos. They were all resized together as opposed to one by one. Fast.

I think you could set up a pretty cool food diary with Notes with easy access unlike Day One which might be a bit more cumbersome. I have an older version so I am not sure.

There are many times I would prefer a small version as well. Sometimes they look better.

If you want to print smaller there is a wonderful lil Ipad app called Print to Size. Depending on what you want, you can print an array of photos all different sizes or all alike.

Good luck with Weight Watchers which is the program most likely to be successful in keeping the weight off, imho!