How do you store and manage your screenshots?

In the course of time a whole bunch of screenshots have accumulated here, which I made for example for blog articles or for instructions. I don’t want to keep them in the Photos app, so I’m looking for a separate solution that should synchronize to my devices (especially the Macs and ideally also the iPad). What are you using? A special app or just a folder structure on iCloud or Dropbox? This question is not about making the screenshots, but explicitly about storage, cataloging and administration.

Hazel and Dropbox for me

1 Like

I put them where they belong based upon the content. There’s nothing about screenshots per se that requires any special treatment, at least for my purposes.

2 Likes

Because I’m a subscriber to Setapp I’ve opted to use as many of those apps as I can. This means that for Screenshots I use an app called Inboard. It does a good job of capturing, collecting, and organizing screenshots.

1 Like

Pixave is one option worth considering. It’s a slick app that’s works well on both Mac and iOS. I use it for keeping track of things like profile photos, logos, and stock media that I want to have at my fingertips. It could also work well for your use case, and even has some built-in features for capturing and annotating screen shots.

1 Like

+1

If they’re for a particular purpose like instruction, then I’d keep them in a folder with the associated text.

Otherwise, if I’m creating a document with text and images in Ulysses, it will simply save everything inside a TextBundle, from which the images/text can be accessed or extrated. (And from Ulysses you can also post directly to a Wordpress blog.)

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! I bought Pixave for Mac and iPad and so far I am very happy with the app.

1 Like

+1.

I have a bunch of Hazel rules that watch the desktop for various screenshots; eg if I add bb to the file name, Hazel renames it and moves it to the BackBlaze folder, tx for taxes, mc for Minecraft, le for my blog, etc.

1 Like