How have your computer deliveries been in the past few months?

No, not at all. I just didn’t appreciate having to wait that long but it was no. big deal. They let me know when I ordered it.

Ah. Then we are in the same position. The laptop I ordered last week won’t be here for at least another month. A long time to wait for something that used to take 7 days, but there’s nothing anybody can be do about that ¯\(ツ)

right. they are apparently doing well.

which laptop have you ordered? i bet you are excited. I have a M1 MacBook Air. Bought it in july and I just love it! i need more RAM eventually but I’ll just have to work around it. No big deal.

I’m extremely excited! We have an M1 MacBook Air in the house, which my wife and I love, but I use an iMac Pro 95% of the time. We have some big life changes coming and some planned home renovations that made me want to be more portable, so I’ve got a Studio Display coming and a maxed-out 16” MacBook Pro with 4TB of storage. Should be about 2x faster than my iMac, which I’m very excited about, and it means I’ll be able to get work done in the living area when I need to, rather than being limited to the basement office.

Sounds terrific, Sneezy! Congratulations! May I suggest counting the days? ;o)

1 Like

The Mac Studio and Studio Display I ordered are still showing as “Preparing for Shipment” on Apple’s “Orders” page. However, according to UPS there’s one package coming from Apple to my address that departed from Anchorage, AK earlier today. Given the weight of the package, I’m guessing it’s the display that shipped. Unfortunately, the display does me little good without the Mac Studio. Here’s hoping there’s a glitch in UPS’s system and the Mac also shipped.

1 Like

Yeah, it sounds like we’re in the same boat, Per Apple, my delivery dates are the same as yours. However, the weight of my package is 6.1kg, so ~ 13.4 lbs, which is about the weight of Studio Display with VESA mount I ordered. I sincerely hope both items shipped together.

Oh wow, Yes, I did order the ULTRA. Now I’m super excited knowing that it’s likely the Mac Studio that shipped!

I haven’t been this excited to get a new Mac since I got my SE/30 back in the early 90’s.

2 Likes

Are you sure you two are in the same boat? Pretty sure your packages are in the same plane. :wink:

2 Likes

Thankfully the status on my Mac Studio order has now changed and it has a tracking number. It says its currently in Shenzhen and according to Apple the delivery date is now Mon 28 Mar but I’m hoping it makes it here quicker than that.

For those in the UK its being shipped by DHL.

No movement on my displays as yet.

1 Like

I just noticed that for some reason the MAc Strudio is shipping using “Standard Shipping” while the Monitors are shipping by “Express Shipping”. I’m not sure why there should be a difference. Are you guys experiencing a similar difference?

My Mac Studio order’s status just changed to “shipped” as well. Should be here Monday. Original delivery window was March 18-22, so it looks like they’ll hit it.

1 Like

That’s so early! I would love to have your luck. Bananas

1 Like

Aside: I’m laughing that so many of us (including myself) have had computers delivered in the past few months.

1 Like

Ugh, and here I thought I was going to get work done this morning.

I got a shipment notification from Apple this morning for the Studio Display I ordered, but the tracking number isn’t active yet according to UPS. Apple thinks it’ll be delivered tomorrow though.

Fortunately, the Mac Studio I ordered cleared customs so I’m hoping it gets delivered on Friday, instead of Monday, 21 March as scheduled.

I’ve had the same experience with UPS. Here’s hoping our Macs arrive early! I’d love to have the weekend to get the beast configured before I start work on Monday.

1 Like

FedEx delivered a day early for me just last week, so it is possible.

Nope, they over-delivered last week for me (pun intended). This will obviously depend on your locale and staff.

Same here.

1 Like