How I Navigate OmniFocus v3 Pro with Keyboard Maestro

Spurred by another post, I’ve recorded a demo of how I navigate OmniFocus with Keyboard Maestro and have created a setup that works almost effortlessly for me. I started a new post so that if you have any questions/comments about this it won’t overload the other post. :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

View Screencast (YouTube)

Download Keyboard Maestro Macros & OmniFocus Demo Projects Outline

15 Likes

This is fantastic, @kennonb. Thank you so much for taking the time to put these together and also demonstrate how you use them. Downloading now…

1 Like

Great job, Ken! The screencast shows the power of KM. Why wait for a developer to update an app when you can take matters into your own hands and solve the problem? KM is the perfect tool for this.

I’m not AppleScript savvy and KM works to help overcome that. You can look at a KM macro and understand the steps behind it. Then it’s very easy to assemble your own custom macros to fit your particular situation.

I heartily recommend giving KM a try if you’re still on the fence. It’s saved many hours of repetitive tasks and allows me to make my own custom setup in any app I want to work in.

2 Likes

Excellent. Thank you very much for taking the time to produce this!

1 Like

I’ve just watched your Screencast and want to jump right into the KM setup that you have created. Unfortunately the link doesn’t seem to work anymore.

Can you please re-upload the Keyboard Maestro Macros? Much appreciated.

1 Like

Sure. See if this link works for you?

OmniFocus Keyboard Maestro Demo.zip - Droplr

1 Like

For some reason I thought you were using Things 3?

1 Like

I’m an omnivorous task management user. I jump between Things 3, OmniFocus, NotePlan, TickTick, Todoist, etc… It’s a mess. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: