How to access network share on iPad

On my Mac I just use the “connect to server” option in finder to connect to a fileserver and mount it (via either cifs or smb).

Any suggestions on how to connect to my iPad (ideally with integration with the files app)? Happy to pay for it if it is a better app than free options.

Thanks!

I use FileBrowser Biz for this. It can run in a split screen with the Files app for easy drag and drop between them. I’m not sure if the other versions of FileBrowser support SMB shares.

2 Likes

+1 for FileBrowser. I have had zero trouble with it and I use it, primarily, to connect to my home network when home and remote. It integrates with the Files app, so once you connect to the network, you can access all your network files directly from Files. It has practically eliminated my need to use Dropbox.

4 Likes

I use Readdle Documents for this, works very nicely.

1 Like

Yet another +1 for FileBrowser - works every time, and are more sleek and without bugs as other apps I’ve tested.

1 Like

Another for FileBrowser. Go get it and live in happiness.

Thanks all, file browser worked like a champ!

2 Likes

I gotta quit reading this forum! I just dropped another $5.99. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::+1:t2::sunglasses:

App looks great. :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

4 Likes